Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
brainsoft

For the old DOS gamers: OpenGL ports of CLASSICS!

Originally posted by athfemory:

Quote:

I don't really care if I get GL support or not; as long as I can get sound working I'd happily play it in DOS or in 320x200.

Have you tried running it from dosbox or VDMSound?

(And, if I remember correctly, from Setup you can choose Vesa mode, for 640x480, or was it other game...)

Blood works in XP, if you use VDMSound and NOLFB. Depending on your vide card you may also need vgafix.

Also GliDOS supports Blood...don't remember if DGVoodoo does.

A few minutes after I posted my Blood comment, I found out about VDM Sound so I've been playing blood with that.

I found "Glidos" also, which will give you Open GL support for all Build engine games. Even if you don't have a 3DFX video card, just download this .exe that tricks your computer into thinking you are using one.

The only problem with it is that you can't get sound support (except I tried it before I had VDM Sound) and it plays in a window. Not to mention it costs money, and you have this HUGE spinning logo that says "GLIDOS" across the screen. Not really worth it when you can just use VDM Sound and SVGA at 640x480 which looks pretty much the same. Not a big deal.

Yeah, if you don't already use GliDOS for other games then buying GliDOS just for Blood is a waste of money. Check out DGVoodoo if you really want to try Glide Blood...I think it works.