Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cflooren

What is the build of W2K RC2 ?

The build is 2128 and there is a directx7 beta4 to it but you hawe to be a beta tester to get it

regards jesper

actually, regarding the directx beta7, i got a hold of dxdiag for win2k and i checked it after i installed directx7 final for win98 and in win2000 it said all my drivers were final except for 1 or 2.

I installed RC2 build 2128.

There is directx 7 in it, I ran dxdiag and found that directdraw is eneabled but direct3d is disabled. When I try to test d3d the system dies. I have a diamond viper 550.

Tried several drivers but none works for d3d.

Is this just a matter of tnt driver or is d3d locked within this release.

With build 2070 everything ran fine.

Any ideas ?

supposedly as i hear d3d was taken out for some reason, and will be put back in RC3. but if you have a Voodoo3000 then you can put in drivers from 2114 and enable d3d/glide/opengl ..which i have, but like i said, ms took it out and no vid card company has released win2k drivers yet ..so its a wait situation for anyone without v3 i guess.

Microsoft didn't take out D3D support per se. They made it so in order to have D3D to work under Win2000 you have to have DirectX 7 compliant drivers.

Some companies such as 3dfx and S3 (I think) did provided drivers, though not incredibly stable. nVidia hasn't supplied any DirectX 7 based drivers yet.

Found link to a beta driver from nvidia on this board. Although not perfect, it worked.

See this board at Ikke.

Directx7 final for the w2k is out..

and it works super whith 2128.i am a hardware and software betatester so i dont know if it out for the public yet.

[This message has been edited by Jesper (edited October 08, 1999).]

Which v-card do you use with the final directx 7 drivers for w2k???

Is there any performance, image (without tiring and failures) with the 3.03 Nvidia TNT drivers?????????

Or do we still need new Nvidia w2k drivers?

New directx driver from Microsoft will not help us poor nvidia addicts.

But this might be the reason that nvdia lab has waited for the final release of dx7 before shipping a new driver.

Now the answer has to come from nvdia.