Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mickbench

Never Dial a Connection

We have 1400 Win 2000 Laptops that use dial up networking to logon to the our network.

They do this from the CTRL ATL DEL Screen. This is so that is maps network drives, logon scripts etc...

Problem is, GP sets up Internet Explorer proxy. But the dial up connection they use to connect with is present, and is always seems to always dial a connection.

Hence, when they cilck in Internet Explorer is asks to dial this connection. But they are already dialled up...

We have to then set the connection to NEVER but it just doesn't seem to stay...

Looked into GP and can't find anything to set this to never. You can set up a new connection, but this doesn't help as it doesn't set the correct modem and gives all sorts of errors..

Does anyone know a reg hack I could run in the logon script that domain users could run on startup when they first dial up to set this to never.

Thanks,

Mickbench

I don't like anything establishing an automatic dail-up connection, so I just disable the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service. I suppose that doing this would mean that your people would have to get used to a slightly different way of using the notebooks. I have a simple mind, so this would be my solution. laugh

- Collin

Is this the standard IE app, or is there a shell being used by the software you use to dial up that may be setting itself to automatically dial?