Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ekstreme

Printer going Nucking Futs!!

Suddenly my Epson Stylus Color 400 has been doing some strange things. For some reason, every time I print, say one A4 page, it prints that page over 20 pages!! The first page will have about 10 lines on it, then the rest will be split over another 20 or so pages, sometimes not even an entire printed line on each. I've done a system restore AND a complete reinstall in case of corrupt drivers, but still, it messes up. Has anyone ever heard of this, or know how to fix it??

I had the exact same problem, plus it would throw in gibberish as well on some of those pages that it printed out. I wound up having to take it back and got a HP 722c. This was 3 years ago and I haven't had a problem since.

THanks Clutch, I was hoping not to hear a reply like this frown The printer is, however, almost 6 years old, so it's really no surprise, but I was hoping to have it last until I'm at least employed again. Next printer will probably be the Epson Photo 810

When I first went from 9x to NT, I had a similar problem. I tracked it down to the EPP/ECP settings in the BIOS and found that if I set the port up for the slower one, SPP? (Its S.. something), then it'd work.

Hell guys, it looks like I've found the problem. While doing what Cynan suggested, I looked under my desk and realised that I didn't have my scanner plugged in, which of course, is between my system and my printer. I used the power point for a lan the other day laugh This normally shouldn't cause any drama's BUT I also have a dongle installed for 3D studio max. I guess that this was corrupting the data or something to that effect. Ohh well, it appears to be printing fine now, so thanks anyhows guys.

Now my only XP battle, is Nero.... but that is another story