Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xsubmariner

Asus Gforce 3 BSOD!! HELP!!

Ok,

I'm in a world of hurt here and I'm looking for some help.

Here's the issue. I'll be as specific as possible.

This problem is definately repeatable, I get the same results on Windows XP and Windows 2000.

The machine blue screens when I start Deus Ex GOTE and sometimes when I just change video resolution modes. I get a Win32K.sys dump or a nv4sys.dll dump depending on which way the wind is blowing that particular minute.

I have not overclocked anything on either the Gforce card or the CPU.

BIOS defaults are all set to default as well. With the exception of the 8ns ECC RAM.

Here's the hardware setup.

Abit TH7-2 P4 Socket 478 Intel® 850 (ICH2) 400MHz (FSB)

Intel 2 GHZ Chip

I'm running a newly installed Windows 2000 SP2.

Asus V8200 Gforce 3 Deluxe Driver V21.81a WHQL

Sound Blaster Audgiy Ex Platinum (No problems)

512 MB PC800 ECC Crucial Rambus RIMM

DirectX 8.1, All tests Run Fine, Glide and D3D

Iv'e run the Windows 2000/XP NVidia Refresh Rate Fix tool and set everything to 75MHZ

I've tried using Nvidia's Beta Driver to no avail :>(

MS Golf works fantastic, but when I try to run the D3D everything turns to pot.

Please help. Thanksgiving vacation is upon us and I'd rather spend it playing games than talking to my wife!!!! 8)

Todd

Which Nvidia drivers? The 22.80's like to BSOD me with my GF2Ti and I've ditched that version. The 21.83's work great for me, FYI.

Try resetting the BIOS to the defaults and go from there. The RAM ns sounds fine to me, and I don't think the ECC has anything to do with it.

I'd download and run the GeForce Tweak program from www.guru3d.com and make sure features such as Fast Writes and Side Band Addressing (SBA) are both DISABLED!

Don't worry about any potential loss of performance, as these features cause much more harm than good.

Also, as Brian Frank stated, try nvidia's Detonator 21.83 WHQL drivers, or if your after a little more performance try the 22.50 drivers. For my WinXP system the 21.83 WHQL and 22.50s are easily the fastest and most stable drivers for my GF3.