Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saduk

My Windows XP doesn´t shut down!!

I´ve just installed Windows XP and what a surprise! My system doesn´t shut down when a press tje exit buttom!. It appears a window that says "it´s now safe to turn off your computer", as Windows 95 did. I´ve already had Windows 98SE and it did shutted down perfectly. What that can be?

My system is an AMD K6-2 and the mother board is a Apollo P5MVP3 from Lucky-Star.

Thanks a lot!

yup, ACPI isn't enabled or supported, if your hard dive's NTFS, just flip the power switch.......behold the power of NTFS.

when i started the APM in the Energy Options, the computer restarts when i try to shut it down. Actually i´m not using NTFS, but FAT32, and that´s another question: what is the best of them? (i come from Spain, not english).

Thanks a lot again.

Do you have an nvidia card with the latest drivers installed?

If so go into services and disable the nvidia driver help service. That usually causes the shutdown to hang.

Saduk, lo más probable es lo que te están diciendo : no tienes activado el soporte acpi en la bios. Vete al menú de la bios, y que en la sección "Power management", busca la opción "ACPI support". Actívala y reinicia.

Si no la encuentras, o ves que la cosa no funciona, hay otra manera de que funcione: reinstalar windows xp. Ahora bien, tienes que hacer esa reinstalación arrancando desde el cd, no desde windows.

Durante la instalación te dirá algo así como "pulse f2 para iniciar el modo de reparación de errores o algo así". Después de este mensaje, pulsa F5 y en el menú que te aparece, busca "equipo compatible con advanced configuration power interface".

Cuando la instalación de windows xp termine, ya tendrás arreglado este problema

Salu2