Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarK_SouL

XPerts read please.

If i had Windows Me, and everything was working like a dream, then i installed Windows XP(Clean install) and now some devices does not work(like the usb adapter, it hangs), is it a problem of the hardware, even tough it worked fine before, or is it a OS problem?, should I wait for MS to fix it, or should i go back to WindowsMe and forget that XP ever existed?

I had windows Xp long before it was offically out.. and most all my stuff worked... if you had winME you should have made sure all your Important stuff had xp drivers or it was in the compatability list. Would I go back to win ME? Never... i have always like windows 2k but it never had the game support for it.... so I never used it on my gaming machine... now that xp is out... i am not saying its 100% compatable.. but it's a hell of alot better than win2k was for games. I also do a lot of other stuff where I need or just WANT a stable computer. If your problems are with things you can't live without.. and your a gamer... I would go back to WinME.. But if you can get buy and wait it out... i would stick with XP... I still have a couple programs and hardware... That don;t totally work how they should.. but drivers are comming out soon... Xp is not even a month old... so you got to think about that. Damn it took creative like 3 to 4 months after the release of win2k just to get their live ware out.... damn did that suck!!

ASiDiE

If your a gamer, dont go back to Me.. Get yourself a copy of Win98 SE. Me has absolutely dire performance. At least for games.

Quote:

Do a windows update, there is a new usb adapter driver up there.

Well, there is nothing for me there...