Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ikke

TNT beta driver with D3D support

I'm using a diamond viper 550 and running w2k rc2 build 2128.

I tried the 401 version and wow dxdiag showed directwraw, direct3d and agp support.

Ran several games that use d3d, the system did not crash as before, but the driver is very wacky, lots of glitches and strange syncs. Also tried OpenGL, and it worked.

Although nor perfect, it's a start.

hmm u got lucky, it didnt work for me :(, hey are u sure draw worked? did u test out any prgm's that use ddraw? If yes then congrats man, that kicks arse.

I tried the driver with my Creative TNT2 Ultra running Win2k Pro build 2128. Dxdiag showed that DDraw, D3D and AGP support was enabled. And D3D actually worked. But DDraw does not work. I tried to play a DVD movie but no picture, the dxdiag test also failed

frown

I wanted to use these drivers, but I found that the drivers didn't find my TNT2-M64 card. Its a generic card that retails for about US$65 with 32MB RAM. Interestingly enough, I found that if I swapped in one file from the 2.08 detonator drivers - nv4_mini.sys then the drivers worked ok. *Definition of worked* DxDiag showed hardware D3D working, I got the initial user menu in System Shock 2, but the game wouldn't run, and I got the initial startup screen in Unreal Tournament, but the game wouldn't run. Reverting to the detonator 2.08 drivers allowed me to run UT without 3D accelleration. So... close but no banana yet. Surely it wouldn't take much for the person who wrote these drivers to fix the bit that got broken in direct draw.

------------------

I haven't tried it yet, too bussy with w98 and linux....

The new detonator drivers really suck (3.34) I got a black and white screen and the graphics wasn't in place..(v550)

Just followed the instructions, first installed standard drivers, rebooted and installed 3.34??

Got back to 2.18, Unreal T doesn't work in D3D anymore. I see moving players but al the frames stay on my screen frown

Don't try them at home