Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scott

XP and QuickTime 5

frown I install QuickTime 5 on to my computer running XP and all works fine, for about 3 weeks then QuickTime stops responding. I dbl click on the QuickTime player icon and nothing happens, it does not even attempt to open. I have tried uninstalling QuickTime and reinstalling it but it still does not work. To get it going again I have to reformat and reinstall XP and QuickTime, I run up to date virus software so it is not a virus.. PLEASE HELP !!!

There is no trial version of QuickTime.... This is crazy.... I think i will go back to a Macintosh..

Scott- do NOT forget to uninstall your extensions - XP doesn't like them too much, and before you give up on Win XP, make sure you have disabled the built-in compression utility's *.sit file support.

But then, you've already done that, right ? Haven't you ?!

OK, No i have not done that... how do i do that. and isn't a .sit a Macintosh compresed file ?

What the hell is the green dude for ???

I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO FORMAT AGAIN !!!!

I did not have this problem under Me or 2000, I might just go back to Me !.. I have my trusty Mac to run quicktime

For those who may want to know I found the problem and it is now fixed. I run a GeForce 3 AGP card and a GeForce 2mx PCI for my second display. when I update the nVidia drivers ( New ones every few weeks) QuickTime Claps out. I have to detach the PCI display in display properties and then reattach and QuickTime works again !! FAR OUT !!! you don't think that took me all weekend to figure out !