Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HwoodCats

HP CD Writer Driver

I just reinstalled windows XP (I had to uninstall it before because there was a problem with my cd burner driver) and I need to get a proper cd burner driver for HP CD Writer Plus 7200e. I have been to the HP website and they make me go around in circles. Does anyone know where I can get a driver? I have been to www.driverguide.com also and they don't have any drivers for anything for win xp.

Thanks.

I have a HP 9110 and it works fine in winXPpro with no extra drivers installed. As far as I know you dont need drivers for cdrw drives as most of them use the ATAPI interface which manages them. Aslong as the software you uses supports the drive (and having a HP drive I think most of the popular ones like Easy Cd Creator,CDRWIN etc. do have support for it).

Do you mean a firmware update? If you do then I belive you can find them on the HP website.

Hope this helps

RandyC

You DO NOT want to install the win2k drivers. Trust me! This is how i got my 7200 to work...well.not really. You open up the burner and you'll see the drive is actually the 7200i drive inside with a parallel to ata convertor board attatched. Just take the drive out and mount it as an internal drive. Dat's it! will work in xp as an internal drive.