Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo

PaperPort 6.x and Visioneer 6100 USB

Hi, since upgrading to Win XP I can't get my Visioneer 6100 USB scanner working. The scan manager just hangs. I've looked at Visioneer's site and it seems they no longer support Paperport 6.x and I'll need to upgrade to version 7 or 8.

Is this really necessary because it's almost as cheap to go buy another scanner (which won't be a Visioneer after this).

Thanks,

I have a Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0

No problems here.

Hi,

Your 6100USB should most likely work according to the page below -

http://support.visioneer.com/customer/winxp.html

However, I believe you need PaperPort 7 or 8; if you were close by, like right next door, I'd let you borrow my PaperPort Deluxe 8 CD to verify your 6100USB works, before you go spending $$$ on a new scanner.

PM me if you like, Ricardo & atreyu.

what version(s) of Paperport will work with the Visioneer 6100usb scanner and Win XP Pro?

will any of the HP software that comes with the combo print scan copy models work as scanning software for the visioneer 6100usb?

like the software that comes with the HP psc 2410 with

Software CD-ROM (HP Photo & Imaging software, HP Director, Photo Gallery, Image Editor, HP Scan to E-mail, PC-Fax, HP Scan to Web, HP Creative Photo Projects, IRIS OCR, DVD creator, HP Memories Disc Creator, HP PCL Level 3 Enhanced Driver)??????

will this work with the visioneer 6100usb with winxp?

i know ppl mentioned that Paperport 7 or 8 will work with the visioneer 6100usb and win xp but not 6. i found a link on visioneer europes site explaining how to get this to work with winxp and paperpoprt 6.x only but doesn't say that 7 ,8 or 9 will work.

I have PaperPort 9 office I am going to try but worried that only 7 or 8 work or 6 with this method explained here.

hope this helps anyone who has the 6100usb on win xp with PaperPort 6.x but we seemed to have lost our cd and before i pay 9.99 for a replacment cd i'm going to try PaperPort 9 office.