Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Ton Clancy Ghost Recon Demo out

Those of you looking forward to this game there is a single/multiplayer pre-quil demo out to play.

i played it so much on release day I caused a problem with it's sound file laugh

Great Game, graphics are way impressive I love those Tree's, the AI is great they respond realistically, I cant wait for the final version smile

Yeah the demo runs ok except for two problems that i've noticed:

1. It sometimes disconnects without any reason given

2. On two occasions there is this sound that sounds up in the menus and also when in a building (strangly) that gets louder and higher ... so loud/high infact i have to turn my speakers off when it happends.

Hope the full version fixes these problems ...

Randy, I have the same audio problem in buildings. Almost sounds like audio feeback. Creative still hasn't released the final drivers for my SbLive card though (I have the CT4620 model) so I'm hoping that will solve the problem once they're released. Do you have the right drivers for your SbLive card?

Just checked I have a CT4670. I must have installed the wrong drivers for them i've never checked before on what model number my card was. I did find a driver on windows update but I havnt installed it yet. It seems to have a higher version number too. Perhaps that might fix the sound problems ?

I was looking at the Ghost Recon support page and some people say they're still having the problem with the latest Creative drivers. Btw, I think Creative recommends you use their drivers versus the Microsoft ones. The Microsoft driver is a fix for a memory leak with their SB drivers. I still have to wait until the end of the month for the lastest Creative drivers of my model of SbLive.

Man i have to say this game is really good. UBI and Redstorm did a FANTASTIC job with this one. The AI is a lot better than in Rouge Spear and R6, the graphics and trees are great looking too. Top notch job on this one.