Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hugo

Anyone tried RC2 and a TNT2 for gaming?

I have 2114 and none of my games work. I've read of the problems on this board and was just wondering if anyone has tried out RC2 and a TNT2 yet?

Thanks!

General consensus seems to indicate that D3D is still broken under RC2 (build 2128). I have a TnT2 as well but have been hesitant to try it since D3D currently works for me under RC1.

Hopefully either nVidia or Microsoft will get drivers out that will support D3D under RC2.

Thanks for the reply, how about OpenGl

games. Have you tried things like Q3test

and TRIBES (in opengl)? Under 2114 nothing would work for me. Thanks again.

I have TNT2 on RC2 (upgraded from RC1)and Q3A seems to work great under Open GL. I also have a voodoo 2 and Falcon 4 runs fine in Glide, but can't get any games to run in D3D using either V2 or TNT2

wow I jsut saw the weirdest thing. My friend whose a hardcore programmer has a v770 ultra in his box. He just upgraded to RC2, It old him that it doesnt have d3d support for tnt's, he said it did. So I told him to run the game shogo and send me a screen shot of the intro screen, and lo and behold it worked?!?!?! I dont know how he got it working, he didnt do anythign special hes not even a gamer so he wouldnt know crap about the det 2.08 drivers and what not.

The screen was nice and smooth like the d3d version no pixelation like software. Heck my tnt didnt work at all with d3d in win2k rc2, Im REALLY confused now

yup, its enabled for him. HEs got a v550 ultra and I dont know whats going on. Im gonna reinstall rc2 and try it again with my tnt1.

still a no go for me fellas, with a tnt1 and rc2. I tried the det and the normal drivers.

Is nVidia suppose to release some Windows 2000 drivers soon? I haven't heard anything, does anyone know something? I suppose with DX7 coming out soon they'll release some new drivers, hopefully those will fix all this Win2k stuff. (fingers crossed).

It is pretty frustrating not getting D3D hardware support under Win2K. The blame shouldn't be on placed on Microsoft rather the manufacture. MS said that they needed to provide DirectX 7 drivers in order to support hardware D3D. nVidia has not done so and we are all left without D3D support.

I am in the same boat as everybody here. I want to try RC2 but am holding off still D3D support is available. I am pretty certain that this driver issues will be resolve by the time Win2K goes gold.

I am using the leadtek win2k compatible drivers for my guillemot xentor 32. d3d and opengl both work fine. sorry no link but I think there is one on the site.

Super fly ur mistaken, I checked they dont work, my friends got that card, borrowed it gave it a whirl and its a no go, I also talked to a buncha fellas from the MS irc, they said it should not work. either u are running rc1 and mistaken, or ur using ddraw/software/opengl instead of D3D. If u can run shogo, in 3d accelerated mode then u know its working.

STB velocity 4400 w/tv-out + WIN2K 2072 + via MVP3 + 100Mhz bus + irq routing errors == BSOD | | Blank screen | | no D3d + opengl

My bad...I am running rc1...didn't pay enough attention. Plus, UT demo wouldn't work in d3d but I think that is because of win2k's dx7 implementation. Are you telling me then that when my rc2 cds get here that I will lose d3d and opengl? Will my nice leadtek drivers quit on me?