Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haytham38

Converting DivX Files to VCD Format

Hey people;

I am trying to change DivX Movies to VCD format. I tried alot of Encoders but its either so slow that would take me 3 days to Encode 1 file. or i get an error with Xing Encoder that says Improper Handler for AVI Files or something like that ?

Can anyone help to be able to Encode those files so i can burn them as VCD Format and watch them on my DVD Player at Home ?

Thanx for your help

what kinda system you runnin?

if its slow, yeah... it could easily take days.

i use Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.0 myself for all my encoding goodness.

I use VirtualDub to split the file (for a regular movie, about 60 mins per half) then use TPGEncoder to encode the MPEG. It does all the black edging and cr*p for you via easy to load templates. So far it has provided me with the best sound/video results. Panasonic MPEG Encoder was giving me sh1tty results with terrible sound synching problems. I then use Nero 5.5 to burn baby burn. It has some great options for creating menu's etc, which work really well. If you need more help, check out VCDHelper

Nero 5.5.5.1 with the MPEG2 Codec will automatically encode DivX files to VCD/SVCD files before it burns them to CD. If the DivX movie is over 60 mins then I cut the divx movie in half using virtual dub and burn the two avi's to two seperate cds, once again, using nero.

Changing a DiVX file into a VCD file allows you to watch the movie on a stand alone DVD player.

Hey People laugh

Thanx for all your help . I got Ulead Media Studio 6 Pro to do that for me and then use Video Creator to Burn them as VCD. Thanx again for all the help that was posted here

smile