Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lumen

HIGHPOINT 370 Onboard.

Hi there.

Everybody seems to have problems with there controllers i XP.

I have still that problem.

I have a ABIT 133-Raid motherboard with an HPT370 onboard, and on abit's homepage there are an bios upgrade for the controller and for the controller only.

When I boot my computer in dos mode and should flash the HPT370 bios the load program ask for the name of my EEPROM and i get 3 alternatives. How the ****ed would i know is my answer to that, and i dont know witch eeprom on the board it is.

And as always ABITS support sucks big time.

Is it anyone else that have 133-raid and have any ide what the name of the eeprom is??

a) There's no such thing as a 133-RAID board from ABit. You'll need the SPECIFIC model number (such as KT7-RAID, KT7A-RAID, KG7-RAID etc), before anyone can help you. It should be written on the motherboard somewhere fairly easy to find.

B) Unless you're using new hard drives that only work with newer driver versions for the HPT controller, your best bet is to install the v1.0.3b drivers from http://www.highpoint-tech.com/370raid_103b_2k.zip until ABit release a new BIOS version with the v2.1019 HPT BIOS embedded in it.

Are you implying that the 133 means ATA133? I might have a misunderstanding here, so bear with me.

That's impossible as that motherboard is too old to have ATA133 standards. The HPT370 is an ATA100 controller. ATA133 has just come out!

Actually, to contradict an ealier statement, Abit's brand new KR7A-RAID does have on-board ATA133-RAID, but it's the HPT372 controller, not the HPT370 we all know so well.

BX=CHIPSET

133=BUSS-FREQ (133mhz)

RAID=HPT370

The name of the mother board is BX133-Raid.

Yeah my mate has one of these boards, Abit BX133-RAID, they do exist. its a Intel BX chipset specced to run at 133Mhz FSB for Coppermine cpu's, oh and it has a HPT370 RAID thang smile

Yeah, they do exist: http://www.abit.nl/eng/product/mb/bx133.htm

although I have to admit I'd never heard of them until now. Since ABit haven't yet released a BIOS version that has the 2.1019 HPT BIOS embedded in it, the only option is to use these drivers as I pointed out before, if you want to be rid of stuttering MP3 playback and slow performance.

If u go in to www.abit.com.tw and go to drivers and under the BX133-RAID you find new drivers to the HPT370 including the new BIOS.

I think im gonna have to solve this problem alone smile

hello, be carefull !

the onboard hpt370 bios could only be updated if a new motherboard bios is out or you modify your original bios !!!!!!

xp supports the hpt370 with own drivers.

for further information go to:

http://www.highpoint-tech.com

highpoint