Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

Assistance needed with remote assistace

I need some help with remote assistace. I cant seem to get it working with my dad. I had it working with another friend of mine but now it is not. I changed some services since the last time I tried, but i cant remember what services I changed and I cant find any that seem to fit remote assistance. Any one have any clue as to why this isnt working? I read the microsoft pages on it and followed them to the t. Any suggestions?

So, did you "tweak" the services? Is that what you mean? Do you have the XP firewall enabled? Also, is the hosting machine behind some sort of NAT/ICS/Gateway(Home Router) device? The machines can connect to each other normally right, such as pinging one another?

Yes I "tweaked" the services. And No I dont have the firewall on and neither does he. He is only using a modem supplied by verizon. But I am behind a router. But it has worked before. And I havent tried pinging him. I just did. I get 4 packets sent and recived with an average time of 575ms.

did you right click my computer and choose properties, then select Remote Tab..then make sure remote assistance it enabled..you prolly did but, that is all I can think of..I'm behind a home network and had that same problem..I made all the necassary adjustment on my server to allow the traffic on those ports and nothing was working..finally found that and bingo it worked :D:D

good luck:D

Ya I already checked that like 20 times. I have no Idea. When he sends me it I accept and nothing happens. When I send him he accepts and a thing pops up and says waiting and then it says there is a problem. I just checked with my friend and he says that is tells him that my computer is not responding. So since I havent changed anything with the router then I must have turned something off. any clues?