Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mfmoeykens

SB Live! problem

I have a 1.4 ghz, 128 ram computer with a gaming Creative Labs SB Live! sound card and Cambridge Soundworks speakers (4 speakers and a subwoofer). I go to Control Panel, Sound and Audio devices, speaker setting (advanced) and it's set on Quadraphonic speakers. (While I'm listening to my music on Real Jukebox, when I hit that advanced button on speaker setting, the music cuts to about 1/4 of the sound...strange), turning off then back on Real brings it back to normal. My hardware setting for this are my DVD and CDRW drive, Creative SB Live! (WDM), Creative SB Live Gameport, Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Media Controls, blah , blah blah.

Anyway, before I updated with the handy Windows Update feature, all four speakers where working fine. In the update list was Creative SB Live!. Naturally, I downloaded the 2 meg file and it automatically installed it. I noticed it not working anymore...WTF?!?!?!?! Then I checked for updates again everyday after that...nothing. I even checked for an update at www.sblive.com and theres nothing. Dammit!

Any suggestion?

Download the drivers from www.soundblaster.com

WindowsUpdate may claim that "their" drivers are newer, but they're not. Don't install Liveware either, some people say it works no problem others say its a disaster. Liveware is useless, all you need are the drivers.

Quote:

Dangit all to heck. The drivers for x-gamer is not available yet for WinXP. Or am I wrong?

I have an X-Gamer, and I installed the drivers they have for the Value, and it worked ok for me. I haven't seen a problem yet, and with the new drivers you get creative's mixer and audio hq. Go ahead and try them out. And if they don't work, that's what driver roll back is for. smile