Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UnderTaker

Got a BIG problem

ok, the other day i bought winXP home upgrade, i installed and the following hardware had problems.

MY modem: MDP3858V-WE Modem

My Sound Card : PCI288-Q3D II(NX) PCI Audio

these are both made by Aztech and are very good hardware. Win Xp says that it need xp drivers for these devises to work so can anyone help me.

I have been to the Aztech website and they say they will not make any drivers so can anyone HELP PLAESE!!!

If the vendor says they will not make any drivers, you have two things to resort to:

1 - Try using Win2k/NT drivers to see if they work.

2 - Write your own drivers, or find someone that may already have!

Unfortunately, some vendors choose not to support new platforms, and that leaves us in the position that you're in. Screwed.

Sorry to hear about this bud, but if they say they aren't making drivers, it's either time to go back to your old operating system, or get some new hardware (recommended).

- Ben

cool

Azteck also say that they are not making and drivers for Win2000, i amthinking of gettin new hardware but this modem and sound card are very good. one thing how do you make your own drivers ?

thanx

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you will find that USB modems are classed as software modems, much like internal PCI modems. Therefore, making them NOT very great at all!

If you get a new modem, I would suggest an external serial port connection modem like 3com or diamond.

C'mon, yak. If you have a "slow" cpu, like 400MHz, that could be a problem, but probably not. A PPro, I can understand, but just about anything beyond that should be enough for a software modem. I had a USB modem, before we got DSL:D, and it worked great---until my uncle killed it in a t-storm by not plugging it in to the grounded outlet ;(.

I also had a USB modem before I got ADSL and i had never had those transfer rates with another modem (used a P2 333Mhz back then) I had 5kb/s all the time and that's about all you can get out of a modem.

(a 56kbit modem that is)

I agree Brian, but this guy is talking about upgrading some quite old hardware.

He hasn't posted his specs, for all we know he could have a P166.

Just insuring him of the facts, thats all.