Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheCloud

PLEASE HELP US WITH OUR MX300 CARDS!

MX300 CARDS AND WIN NT DO NOT WORK!

ALL GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP, I AM JUST ONE OF 1000000000!!!!

SOUND JUST CUT'S OUT!!!!!!!

I have NT 4.0 SP5 and an MX300 with the Drivers from Diamond and have no problems in any of my games (Tribes, Half-Life, Q3ATest, Quake 2, Unreal, etc...). I have acouple of questions for you 1) what SP are you running, 2) what sound card drivers are you using, and 3) what games are the problems occuring in?

Later,

KDawg

I have an mx 300 and it works fine. I downloaded and installed service pack 5, and then went to A3d's site and downloaded the drivers there because when i used the cd, it gave me an error. Here is the actual link i downloaded from- ftp://ftp3.a3d.com/pub/Public/Drivers/Vortex/nt2.04.06.zip

i just extracted the files to a folder and folllowed the readme that was in there and it works great! Maybe this is what you did but i thought i would try to help

hey wolf_dawg (izzat right?) what vers of unreal are you running?

i'm running 225f and i get no sound

I've had this problem too. Sound would work for a short while, and then just cut off. I went hunting for any clues to narrow down the problem. I found out that Vortex-based cards have trouble with most dual CPU systems. So if you have a dual CPU system and are having this problem, you don't have to wonder anymore. As for you who DON'T have dual CPU's and have the problem, all I can think of is that there's another incompatibility. I email'd several manufacturers about this and received no replies. It seems like they prefer to ignore their dissatisfied customers if the satisfied group outnumbers them. Oh well, suit themselves...I just won't buy another Vortex-based card.

I just installed NT4 Server, and installed the latest Diamond drivers for my MX-300. The web site said the file was for both win98 and NT4. I installed the sound card drivers, and I get the volume speaker in the sys tray, and the other thingy(the diamond applet I think)in the systray, but I get no sound. Being new to NT server, I really don't know how to trouble shoot it since NT says it's installed fine.

I dual boot Win98 and the sound card works perfectly.

Do you think I should go with the aureal vortex refernce drivers? I am thinking I will try that when I get home from work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

AS I said, it installed fine, and all the multimedia properties shows that everything is working, I just have no sound.

-Someone

I too had problems with sound, even with the latest drivers from Diamond, and with the reference drivers from Aureal. Bummer.

However, the Microsoft WHQL certified drivers work just fine: http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/default.asp

Only I have no A3D, 4-speaker, <insert cool feature here> at all. (Which is, of course, the reason I got this card and not a Sound Blaster PCI)

I myself had to many problems with the MX300 card under NT 4.0 and W2K, I went out and bought a SB Live card and have had no problems at all.

THIS IS one of the most F****** Up thing I've ever seen. i have dual procesors and my sound works flawlessly. NT 4.0 SP5 128Bit. However the cool equalizer and the A3d control panel to switch between QUAD and Headphones etc... IS GONE!!!! %$@#$#%^*$

And to top it off Diamond wrote drivers for a surround card ie: 4 channels and neglected to integrate these features into the NT version. Even though it sez NT 4.0 is supported.

Unfortunately i came across this site too late I would of bought a SBLive card. i am going out today and scoring one.

Unfortunaltely i have a Adaptec Raidport adapter in my Kayak that F****** Adaptec sez they wont write drivers for. hmmph!!!!

So i cant use my 4900.00 dual processor 10K scsi machine on W2K.

This really BLOWS

Thanks for letting me vent

AXL

------------------

OH yeah sorry in my fit of venting I forgot to mention that only my first channel works No surround or rears.

Diamond can take rot in a pile of festering boils.

AXL

------------------