Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

WinDVD 3.1

Anyone running this in winxp?

Ever since i installed it (have sb live card) I can only choose 2 speaker option. I have 4 speakrs, but they are all greyed out.

Can't really help you with the problem but I do have a recommendation. I'm using WinDVD 2.3 and think its the best version. While it was never officially released, you should be able to find it online somewhere and the registration code with your official version should work fine with it. 2.3 has DTS audio support (something that wasn't included until version 3.0) but has the better video quality of 2.0 (in version 3.0 they dropped some video features to improve playback speed, but at a reduced video quality). It works fine for me as well under WinXP.

Thunderbird 850

A7V Mobo + 512 RAM

Asus Geforce3

Sb Live!

i asked this question on another forum, they said you can only change the speaker options while playing a dvd. Havent tried it yet cuz ive been using powerdvd 4.0. i'll give it a try when i get home

Actually i just got it, it suks, it bluescreens xp, while running. The mouse cursor is also disfigured while moving across the screen, i like the features of it but its too buggy, i went back to 3 withe the patch and it works great.

still cant mess with the speaker options in windvd, stil all greyed out. oh well im sticking with powerdvd 4.0