Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seducer

XP did not install ACPI?

guys..just wondering why XP confused did not show in device manager that ACPI installed? but instead MPS (Multi-Processor System). Yes my mobo is a multi-processor capable but I only use 1 CPU. And I think this is the cause why XP will not shut-off my box!

My is a dual boot XP/98. When I boot in 98 and go device manager, ACPI was installed. and when you shutdown, it shut off my box.

I dont think its in the bios because I already check GIGABYTE web site and I have the latest bios version.

What do you think guys? any inputs?

this is my system!

GIGABYTE mobo (dual capable)

512MB Ram 133

2 20 GB HD

1 6 GB HD

1 1GB HD

1 720MB HD

1 CDROM 60x

leadtek tv tuner (using 2000 driver)

32MB tnt M64 (using latest driver)

10/100 3com NIC

SB Live

Motorola 56K

Thanks guys!

Lowell

When you install, as soon as it says 'hit F6 if you ned to install 3rd party scsi or raid drivers' or something like that, hit F5 and you will be presented with an option to select your system type. Select Advanced....ACPI machine and you'll be rawkin!

Ekstreme...your suggestion is to reinstall again the XP? huh 8)

is there any other way to install it without reinstalling/setupping XP again?

Try this,

goto Device MNGR, click computer and goto properties.

update the driver and choose to select "choose from a list of devices"

(or something like that)

see if ACPI Uniproc. is an option. If it is then choose that. BUT I WARN YOU. if this doesnt work you will probably have to reinstall.

So try that first or just reinstall and hit F5 when it asks for the third party SCSI.

Good Luck, Sparkhard

Sparkhard....I tried it but i did not see and ACPI Uniproc. but what i see is MPS Uniproc.

what does it mean?

Lowel

that means that win2k doesnt see it as a valid option. You will have to reinstall 2k and do the F5 thing. I hope that ACPI fixes your power down problem.

Good Luck. Sparkhard

I had that same problem in win2k a while ago.

It didnt install ACPI because I accidently hit F5 instead of F6

when going to install RAID. So I tried installing it in win2k which was a very bad idea and I had to end up doing as he suggested with the F5. Just make sure you have anything you need because anything you do when trying to install it has a good chance of making you have to re-install.