Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dlever

Explorer folder options

I never know what the bar is called, but it is the one with Name, Size, Modified etc...

Is it possible to set the options for this to include all sub-directories? I have an MP3 directory with a zillion subs - I can configure each individual folder to include Artist, Album, Genre etc but cant figure how to do it all-in-one ....

right click the top folder->properties->customize->"use this folder type as a template:" scrollist and check the "Also apply this template to all subfolders"

Thanks - I tried that but it refuses to do it on my pc. It only affects the top folder even though I have apply to sub-folders checked.

I havent rebooted but it shouldnt need that. Perhaps a fiddle somewhere in the registry ?

Have reinstalled from scratch and am still unable to make this happen.

Is it just me or is nobody able to set the folder format which includes all Sub-Folders?

i'm not sure if this is what you were going for but try this out. setup your window how u want it with the size and layout, etc. then click on tools at the top of the explorer window, goto tools. click on the "view" tab, then hit the button, "like all folders" or apply to all folders and hit ok. i think this will partially fix your complaint however it will apply your setup to all folders you view not just that specific one and sub-folders.