Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
superman322

Installation of the new Crap *** SB Live drivers for XP

Hey chaps,

how did you manage to install these so called drivers. Actually I haven't figured out if they even are drivers or driver updates. We have to be carefull on our definitions here. The file name says "Update" and I am starting to think that in fact that is all they are, just an update wich you must install on top of the native XP drivers.

Anyway this seems to be the only way to install "IT" to get full functionality:

1) Instal Live ware 3.0 (designed for Win 2000)

-please note this is no longer availbale from SB for free. if you had it from the past like me you are one step ahead.

2)Restart compututer upon wich XP force installs native drivers. No choice about that.

3) install this peace of **** update thing & restart. Everything works dandy i think.

*****************************NOTE*******************************

If you UN-install the native XP drivers, and imediately install the new creative driveres, after restarting you will have NO drivers at all installed and ofcourse once more XP force installs its own native drivers. This leads me to belive that the file name is correct and in fact this is just a patch.

Therefore you can only install creative drivers over native xp drivers.

Everything SEEMS to work properly for me now.

*****************************starnge thing***********************

these new drivers when checked in device manager have the following date (8/31/2001). Whats up with that? Agust 31????? It should be October 26 or something. Driver # 3509.1.0.0

confusedconfusedconfusedconfused

1) What is the driver version number and the date that you have?

-It seems creative only updated the WDM drivers, the game controller and rest are still Microsoft XP drivers.

2) HOw did you install it and with what results. If something is not perfect after please state clearly.

I installed it on top of the 'hacked' LiveWare 3 for XP. The drivers work, but I'm back with the classic Live problem in XP - no rear speaker output =P and thus, I think I'm sticking to the hacked LiveWare, which works perfectly, except crackling sound in the Sheep Dog n Wolf game.

Well, I got the rear speaker output working. I had to uninstall the card in Device Manager, reinstall it with the default XP drivers, and then install this driver update. Now it works, with surround mixer and everything. Cool smile

I installed these new SB Live drivers(without Liveware)in and still only had sound coming out of 2 speakers after goofing with it I set quadraphonic speakers in sound and audio devices in control panel and 4 speakers settings in Surround mixer and now have sound out of all 4 speakers at least when playing Mp3's. According to the website it said you needed Liveware 3.0 to install but it seemed to install fine I have the SBlive CT4830 the new drivers were compatible with it as long as I have sound out of all 4 speakers I am happy..

IMHO, the Updated SBLive drivers from WindowsUpdate are better than the ones creative made available.

i downloaded from here and got audio headquartes at least to work.

now have 4 yes count em---FOUR speakers to work smile

http://www.soundblaster.com/support/winxp/

i really believe this is all a scam. i need to go buy a new antivirus, even though my Norton is 2001. Getting my Voodoo5 card to work well is turning out to be a joke.

For the last couple days i have been surfin to find drivers and reading posts etc... and if this isn't about money, nothing ever has been. and people in political office are very honest people.

I think MS got pissed over the court thing and is now putting the screws to everyone. They used to give some of the local gov agencies free lic's for pc's . not now. Call me cynical and paranoid.

but i cant believe that software thats not even a year old cant be made to work in xp.

Oh well, I hope that SB link helps.

Hmmm, the update seemed to have worked just fine for me. I was using a "hacked" version of liveware 3 before (i.e. I installed lw3 for win2k and then recopied devldr.exe from the XP disc). The only problem I'm having is that the midi port is completely non-functional. I can't remember the last time I actually jammed to a midi file, but it's the principal of the thing, I guess. I'm going to see if I can fix this by rolling back to the default windows drivers and doing it again from scratch.

I've noticed that the new drivers fixed a number of problems with games based on the Unreal engine (ex. Deu***). For one thing, I can run the game with full sound acceleration without crackling and horrible bleed-through of ambient sounds. Plus, I can run at the highest resolution without any problems. With the old drivers I could only run at 1024x768 without turning the sound into a steady stream of static.

Lol! It censored Deus Ex as one word! Stupid script!