Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spuddeh

Mouse Accel problem: Contributions please

Hey, i've been a regular user of windows Xp for a reasonable amount of time now, possibly nighing on 6 months, but its only since the final release of XP that i've been having the mouse acceleration problems in any game using the mouse

i've turned it off in the registry

i'm using the latest logitech drivers

i've got the USB filter drivers (or whatever is appropriate)

i'm using the latest 4/1 drivers from via

i'm using the mouse perfectly normally in a windows environment

and still the mouse lags horribly when i move it slowly, primerily in Quake 2

can someone please offer some alternative solutions, the first person to offer a working solution will have uh...my eternal gratitude smile

Alex Garrett

ISS

P3 933 - asus P3V4X

512mb PC133

Asus Geforce 3 8200 deluxe

Creative 12 10 32 cdrw

pair of shitty old hard disks

original soundblaster live (yes, the reaaaly old ones)

Asuscom ISDN TA /w telephone through port + MSN

3com generic 10/100 netcard

First, have you tried moving it to a different USB port? This will cause it to be reinstalled for that port and it may resolve the problem.

Does the mouse have a ps/2 converter? If so, try running it from the ps/2 port for a bit to see if it is any better.

And do you have it connected to a non-powered hub? While this shouldn't matter for a mouse, it could possibly be the problem.

I've tried a different USB port, unfortunately bearing the same results, and no, the mouse has no ps/2 converter, unfortunately logitech saw fit not to include one with the iFeel mouseman

*shrug*

it is plugged directly into USB port "0" as it would be identified, and there are no other devices attached

error detection has been tried on and off

a multitude of drivers have been tried, and all have failed so far

:|

Could you please tell me how I go about deleting it from the registry as I have the same problem.

Regards.

Good news, I tried the PS2 converter and it works! thanks for the tip, OLError.

Spuddeh, ring up Logitech and ask if they can send you a PS2 converter, they should do. If not give M$ a ring and tell them you got a M$ mouse or something, they're very easy to get around laugh

I've tried PS/2 and i still have the same problem, it would appear to be a slightly lesser extent, but still certainly the same immense lag before moving at correct speed, anyone who can rectify this for me will earn my eternal grattitude :]

my first advice is the search button, and secondly is using

-noforcemparms

after any application u want 2 run with out the mouse accel

also turning "enhance pointer procision" reduces it.

i am still looking for a cure 2 the dreded keyboard and mouse lag, ie mouse just stoping on the spot when u press 2 keys on the keboard at once (ie moving forward and strafing in a fps. sometimes makes the mouse just stop in its tracks)

and the keyboard having slow reaction time (ie moving forward, u let go but it still takes a few steps forward)