Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EDR WONG

Max 2.5 / W2K?

Is anyone totally sure about Max 2.5 compatability with Windows 2000? There seems to be some conflicting information on the applications site. I am running a dual P3 800 with a FIRE GL1 card, SCSI drive, P600 RDRAM / and NT 4.0 (svc pk 5). I have to switch to Windows 2000 because the program I use at work is upgrading in October to a fully shaded, 3D environment ala Windows 2000 and Direct X. If I want to work at home, which I do frequently, I have to be running that platform. The program obviously won't work as well in on a NT platform. But I have spent a small fortune on Max 2.5, and all the plug-ins! I would rather not have to do a dual-boot scenario. I would actually like to run W2K, because of everything I have heard lately about resources, stasbility, etc. (after service pack 2) Can anyone tell me who verified on the application site that Max 2.5 "works fine on W2K" ???

Max 2.5 on up worked fine for me on Win2K. I didn't have any problems. I am currently working with Max 3.1 and 4.02 and I don't have any problems with these at all.

That is great! Thank you for your reply. I also called Digimation, who produces, and handles multitudes of plug-ins for Max. I am a regular customer, and they were kind enough to do a little research on their own also. They have a W2K machine with Max 2.5 and all the applicable plug-ins running right now. Everything (as you have said) appears to be fine....no problems. That is good news for me! I am going to update my ram to 800 Rdram, get a new ATI FireGL 8800, and switch to W2K. Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.