Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
canonjon

WinTV-pci

There´s a update for haupppauges wintv-pci on microsoft windows update. It´s a v. 3.9.19226.0

I´m going too try it now and let everyone know what happens.

I have already the win2kdrv311 and wintv2k331_19206 installed.

Failed to create Tv window. Another application may be using the driver. That´s what I get when dl the update from the win. update site. If I first install the update and then the wintv2k331_19206 I get a warning saying that HCW848UN is missing. Why? Maybe a application will be posted on win. update soon....who knows

Yeah same here I rolled back the driver and no my TV works but windowsupdate still wants that driver installed.

Im glad to see im not the only person having that problem. I had to roll back with 2K drivers.

Hi ya,

I think there seems to be a BIG problem that EVERYONE has experienced when "up[censored]" their Win2k drivers with the WinXP Windows Update WinTV drivers.

I suggest (after failing the update myself) to stick with a working version of Win2k Drivers until the new proper Hauppauge drivers and new software arrives :-)

Regards,

Aaron

I'm using WinTV PCI and it works great on XP with the driver update.You have to follow this procedure:

-install wintv 2k drivers and applications

-download and install the update from windows update (it won't work at first)

-roll back to the previous driver

-go to device manager and choose update driver for wintvpci(first video and then do the same for audio)

-choose install automatically

-you will be presented with a list of drivers to choose from, one of them having "windows update" in its name.Choose that one and you are done!