Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
T2000

SB PCI128 (1370) Win XP Pro Problem

The default driver in XP Pro for SB PCI128 (ES1370) doesn't work for me. I've got scratching noise whenever I play any sound. I've searched this forum and I could only found solutions for Win2k Pro but not XP Pro.

Should I install the Win2k Pro driver from Creative instead of using XP's default driver?

I've downloaded the driver "ver 5.12.01.3511 WDM" from http://www.fdrsoft.fr.fm/. However, there's no instruction or any setup files. I tried to update my driver with those files but still has no luck. frown

I also download the "Sound Blaster Audio PCI WDM W9x/me w2k win xp (1373)" but the nothing happen after I ran the setup file. I also can't update my driver with those files too.

Can you please tell me how to install them?

Sorry if my question is too lame.

T2000: You have to download "Sound Blaster Audio PCI WDM W9x/me w2k win xp (1373)". Other driver (ver 5.12.01.3511 WDM) is for sb live series.

You have to execute the program and tell it to decompress into a new directory. Then, go to that directory (where it is the real files to install), look for a "setup" file and execute it. Follow the install procedure. It's all. It works for me.

Best regards

Thanks a lot miguelidanez.

Although I did download "Sound Blaster Audio PCI WDM W9x/me w2k win xp (1373)" and run the setup file. But nothing happen after I ran it.

May be I'll try to solve this problem or find another solution.

Thanks anyway. wink