IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

- there's one for you; I have WinXP running on the following machine:

Athlon T-Bird 1.4 Ghtz

320 RAM

2 HD's

10 G (NTFS)

20 G (FAT32)

GeForce3

Seems to only blue screen and this appears (along with some other worthless ****) when I am trying to copy a large file over from C:\ to D:\ (C:\ = 10 G, D:\ = 20 G) or when I am installing something off of D:\ onto C:\

Sugestions?

You don't say what motherboard you have, but up[censored] the BIOS on your motherboard may help. I know a friend of mine had a similar problem with his KT7A-RAID board which is solved by flashing with a more recent BIOS version.

http://www.viahardware.com/686bfaq.shtm provides more details on the problem. Here's a quote:

"Another fix is that many of the Motherboard companies have now released upgraded bios’ which repair the problem without even having to install the VIA fix. It would be a good idea to contact either your Vendor, or Motherboard Manufacturer to find out if a updated bios is available. An example of this is the ZT bios from ABIT for their motherboards using the 686b Southbridge, this has been claimed to fix this problem without the VIA fix."

Note that up[censored] your VIA chipset drivers may solve the problem also without the need for a BIOS update.

My apologies for not posting my motheboard type and some other additional system specs...so:

ECS K7VZA

HD 1: 10.0G, boot (os installed; WinXP) NTFS

HD 2: 20.0G, non-boot (os not installed) FAT32

As for those links, I believe they are null now...but I shall look into them anyway...I would appreciate any future help you may be able to give me...thanks.

-oribiasi

Since you're using WinXP, (which shouldn't have this problem in theory at least) up[censored] the VIA chipset drivers may not work, so a BIOS update may be necessary.

Well, strictly speaking, I shouldn't really be complaining all that much yet, considering that SP1 for this OS is not out yet...however I fear this problem may be local to just my frieken machine...it sounds like my luck -- I would appreciate ANY help here guys -- I flashed my ECS K7VZA bios from 3.2d to 3.3b...still no SIGNIFICANT changes...