Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red

Athlon and Chaintech

Can anyone help me with this,

Im running an athlon thunderbird 1ghz on a chaintech k7jd mobo

The problem is that the mobo wont recognise the processor above 750 mhz. ive tried everything and the only thing i can do is change the default setting of the frequency setting to 132mhz (the highest) and it runs at 983mhz or something

I tried up[censored] the bios but that wont work

Also, i cant change the multiplier on the mobo

What could be the problem

Thanks in advance!

Red

you have a 266mhz FSB DDR cpu/mobo which means it was meant to run at 133MHz FSB speed and that the multiplier is locked at 7.5 which explains the 750MHz @100, 7.5 @ 133 would be 997MHz, there should be an FSB jumper on your mobo, just set it at the 133MHz~1?? one and you should be set

yeah, tried that, but any settings you change on the dip switches, it doesnt make any difference to the actual speed

dip switches? that only changes the multiplier clock of your cpu, what you are looking for is the jumper for your fsb settings, check your manual, should be 3 tiny pins with one plastic thingy shortning 2 of the pins. you'll have to pull it out with some tweezers or needle nose pliers and short the other two (or whatever the manual says). I would post a pic but they don't seem to have the manual for your board on any of chaintechs websites.

lol, just rechecked chaintechs website and it just got hacked, wow.