Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

XP + Profiles... + Management?

have my winxp machine attached to a network at school. Before I had the admin set me up an account (which I cannot physicaly do) I made myself Administrator on the computer.

When I got hooked up to the network, I had to start all over with my profile and such so I made my new Ahnell.SEIBERT name as an administrator aswell.

Well, I wanted my old setting so I coppied the old administrator folder into the Ahnell.SEIBERT folder. But that did not work. Some funkey **** went on and It turned out that I also had the account Ahnell when I log on to the seibert domain... So basically I ended up coppying all of the contents in my origional Administrator folder into my ahnell and ahnell.SEIBERT folders.

Well, now when I take my computer home for break, everything will be messed up. All my settings for school domain logon will be under another profile while I will be on Administrator.

Got all that? Its confussing but here is what I am asking:

Can I Manage the profiles so all of my settings are based in one folder, so when I switch to Administrator, of If I switch to my school domain logon name, they both have the same settings?

Thanks.

--------------------

:: A l I e n w a r e :: A u o r a D D R ::

:: 1.4ghz T-Bird @ 1533ish 1.85ish Vcore :: Asus A7M266 :: 384mb PC2100 Kingston DDR ram (256/128) :: PNY GeForce III 64mb @ 210ish/500ish :: Seagate Barracuda 40GB:9r3002-301 (15gb/25gb Partitions *NTFS*) :: SB Live! Value :: 340 watt PS :: Antec 107 Cyborg Green Keyboard :: USB Explorer Mouse Cyborg Green :: LexMark Z43 USB PrintAr :: KoolMaxx Cooling System :: Pioneer 16x DVD :: HP 9500I CDR-W 12x/8x/32x :: 3com 10/100 905cx NIC :: NEC 19’ MultiSync FE950+ :: Altec Lansing ACS54 5-Piece Speakers & Sub :: Intel old web cam :: SanDisk USB digital camera media reader :: Olympus c-700 Ultra zoom Digital camera w/ 32mb flash card :: Floppy drive :: USB motherboard expansion (2 extra ports) :: Bunch of fans :: New Drivers :: Windows XP :: Dragon Full-Tower Case in Cyborg Green :: 7150 + 3DMark2k1 Scores ::

Actually, if you're not going to be away from the network for long you dont have to change anything. If you try to logon with yoru domain account while not connected, it will pause for a minute and time out. Then you'll get logged on anyway (using cached account information) and still be able to use the profile for your domain account.