Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

WindowBlinds

Has anyone gotten wondowblinds working in their XP? I really want to use a skin that it has but I cant get the buttons to show in the apperance tab. Far as I can tell the install is fine. It just wont give me any options in the apperance tab. Any thoughts?

Which version of wb? Version 2.2 or 3(beta)?

WB 3 works fine on my system. The only thing to mention is that WinXp switches back to the classic shell when using any of the wb skins.

I have tried Windowsblind several times, hoping that it will be optimized and less of a hassle to use.(I know it' s beta, I used it in win2k as well...)

I got disapointed each time.

I didn' t try the last beta (I gave up).

I also found that the skins are not so good quality.

I would recommend anyone to have a look at this software:

http://www.tgtsoft.com/stylesshots.html

They have put online a trial skin, and I can tell you, it is as fast as XP with Luna on, no slowdowns. no bugs nothing.. smile

The software is still in beta but will be available soon..

Have a look.

Actually, WindowBlinds 3 beta works GREAT. A few little problems but its only version .8

The coolest thing about WindowBlinds is that before 3.0 full version is out, there will be an option to NOT skin windows by default. Which means, you could have all your Windows look normal....but have Notepad use Skin #1, and Explorer to use Skin #2, Outlook to use Skin #3, etc etc

I've been waiting a while for this cause I dont like ALL my windows skinned, just a couple that I want to look different.

Only negative thing I can say about WindowBlinds, is that just like Winamp, theres alot of people who think they know how to make a good skin, but they really suck. Gotta poke around for good skins....but the good news is theres 1,000's of them

I cant get the dam thing to show me the buttons it is supposed to in the apperance tab. I contacted the support center and they asked me if I had restarted!!! Ohh, you have to restart, idiots.

Hey TeRRiblE thanks for the link. I just loaded styles XP and it seems to run good. Have you figured out how to change the colors though? Toothpaste is good if you want to brush your teeth.

To change the colors you have got to use Style builder (same site) which will be avalable soon in Beta1.

The skin is just an example of what you can do with the software.. So we have to wait at worse 1 more week I suppose.. smile