Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marcus75

Memory leaks and Installation problems...

I think XP works quite nice. Except that I got these problems:

Memory leaks:

Games crashes sometimes and it seems to happen due to some memory leak. Like the one that happen i NFS: Porsche Unleashed(explained under GAMES compability on this site).

Any tips ?

The other thing is that quite often the installation procedure seems to fail. On diffrent games but in the same way as Baldurs Gate 2(Also explained on this site)

Anyone know why ?

I really hope they fix these two bugs. Then I would be a very happy gamer. Besides that I think XP suits my needs perfectly.

windowsupdate.microsoft.com

they've released app compat updates and fixes galore already, i suggest you indulge, and see how it impacts on your system, good luck

I just test this same games Porshe and BG2...:D

What is you computer configuration ?

I run windows xp in TBird 1.2gb 512mb 133 and GeForce 2 pro 64mb

My tests:

1-Install Detonator XP 21.83 (fine smile );

2-Install BG-2 in minimal instalation (fine);

3-copy folder 'cd' into path of you install bg (for run more fast), all cd's 1,2,3 and 4.

4-If you have instaled full copy baldur.ini in other folder and reinstall in minimal instalation, after instalation copy baldur.ini to bg2 folder;

5-Install directx7 full, this works fine windows xp identify 2 versions of directx. 8)

I dont need run bg2 in compatibilite mode and i setup all graphics options, 3D acelerator, blins efects etc...

In the porshe rename file gimme.dll in game folder and its work fine with detonator xp 21.83 and directx7. I run this game in 1280x1024x32 very fast and cool...:D

Thanks for the tips !!!

I have already managed to work it out when using the tips above.

I was wondering why it wont work without them ?

There are other games that behave similiar to the ones mentioned and I thougt I would get to the root of the problem....oh well....