Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FogEater

USB or PS/2 ?

Poll (well sort of smile Where do you plug your mouse? USB or PS/2 port?

Which one is better for gaming?

BOTH! Trackball (Logitech Marble FX) on PS/2 and MS optical Mouse on USB. Thats one great way to avoid decisions...

H.

It depends on the motherboard and the OS. On mine, under Windows 2000 my Intellimouse Optical worked better on ps/2. In Windows XP it performs excellently on USB. I'd say try each one and see what milage you get.

USB because it feels alot smoother than when its plugged into the PS2 port.

Intellimouse Explorer.

Intellimouse Optical plugged into USB. The movement is better than PS/2, though PS/2 is adjustable.

only because iFeel mice dont have ps/2 converters, and my microsoft converter doesn't function with it

For gaming I prefer a trackball, since lifting an optical off the mousepad can cause some interesting responses in the first person or realtime strategy environments...

I've heard, incidentially, that the ifeel mouse is good for gaming, since it gives you that little bump feeling when you encounter a variation on the screen, such as an opponent in a first person shooter, is such the case?

indeed so, its a mild yet noticable sensation, although its non directional, it gives the impression of recoil and as though you're touching over bumps in windows, and even feeling the weight of a large folder (more files contained = more weight)

i like it, but its a considerably heavier mouse than the standard mouseman optical