Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Quaker

BSOD IRQ Less than Or Equal to

Okay, I've seen a few hardware tests posted marked failure with this error as the comments on it. I've had this same error, and when I did a little checking here's what I found:

I had a Happauge WinTV, a SB Live, a Diamond V550 TV-out, a 3com 905, and a Western Digital PCI Scsi adapter. Now indivitually, all of these devices works perfectly fine in Win2k tests, but I found that when I put them all in simultaneously and rebooted the machine, W2k blue screened with that error.

What was happening to my machine is that all five of these devices (Pnp Devices All) had been placed onto IRQ5, and Windows would not juggle the IRQs to fix the problem, nor would it allow me to change the IRQ manually. In the end I gave up and formatted back to 95 unfortunately, as I couldn't solve the problem. If anyone else has had similar problems with this, I'd like to hear from you. If I could fix this, I'd go back to W2k in a heartbeat. smile

Here's the total spec for my system:

Abit BM6 Socket 370 Board Rev HL

Intel Celeron 400

128 meg PC100 SDRAM simm

Diamond V550 Retail rev 195C

SoundBlaster Live!

Hauppauge WinTV PCI Stereo

Western Digital PCI SCSI Adapter

3com 3c905-TX PCI

Ricoh 6201s CD-RW SCSI

Pioneer 36x IDE CDROM

Western Digital 8gb IDE DMA66

Yes! I know how you feel. I have virtually the same problem as yourself, read about it in the http://ntgamepalace.3dfiles.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000053.html post. The problem is caused by your PCIIrqRouting, which is not correctly setup. The problem may be your bios, or the ACPI (advanced config and power interface), or micro$oft software. If your bios is after 1/1/99 then win2K assumes you have a 100% compatible ACPI PC. As you have wiped win2K, copy the win2K setup files to your harddrive and edit the "txtsetup.sif" file to disable ACPI, which will then prevent the fancy configuration etc. To do this search for ACPI and read the comments and change the setting to a "0". When its installed goto the device manager and select Standard PC/ properties and disable irq routing. Problem solved!

Also read http://ntgamepalace.3dfiles.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000101.html which is also relevant.

Good luck!