Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Widow

Site for Old Games

Hi all, just wanted to share this. I found a site on the net that has an excellent collection of older games. These are games that have either been released as freeware or are now released to the public as free domain games. There are some games on the site(newer ones) that can be purchased, so I believe the site is legit.(At least there was no mention of W***Z or anything of that sort, Anyway I have found a lot of great older games(now freeware) like Betrayal at Krondor, Eye of the Beholder and such; older games for sure but even though the graphics suffered back then the story lines seemed more indepth. One thing about the site is that they do not allow more than one download at a time, if you try to you will be banned for and hour or so. Check it out and let me know what you think......Old gamers Rule!!!..hehe..

http://www.theunderdogs.org

Great link, thanks !!

Downloading Eye Of The Beholder II, best game ever laugh

(That was my opinion 8-9 years ago anyway)

This will be a very busy weekend and phonecall to my boss telling him I'm sick a monday wink

/Toby

I was able to get one of my all time favourite games, Skyroads, from that site. Thanks for the link, retro gaming 0wnz me so I might browse that site a bit more and download some other games that look interesting.

Those are all good sites but the one I posted is the granddaddy of them all, it has 10 times what any of the others have....

I am in full retro mode playing some of the best rpgs ever made.....

Let us hope they maintain that site active a long time because many others with abandonware collections are disappearing, probably due to FTP file storage costs. So it may be a good idea to download our favorite games and burn them on a backup CD.

I think you've stumbled upon the "Abandonware" scene, which along with MAME is a great way to waste some time.

Much of the stuff is technically w_r_z, but the abandonware guys usually have a code of honor to only post stuff that's off the market. For example, you can still buy Ultima and Zork games, so you probably won't find them on these sites.

These sites have been up for a few years and nobody seems very interested in shutting them down. Most focus on games, but there's others with old DOS productivity apps and so on.