Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

XP Plus Pack

got this today and found it kinda dull except that the screen savers are cool

i think the xp power toyz are a much better upgrade for xp

all in all the plus pack is kinda cool

but i wouldn't suggest paying for it, i didn't

Yes you are right, the themes ,the other applications like the clean sound utility, the voice media payer control, cd labeler, and mp3 to Wma converter are just useless.

I just like the fish screensaver (which was available before) and the wooden labirynth ball game(don' t remember the name) which is kind of fun when you want to get your head straight when drunk..

I really expected microsoft to add some new skins (or at least some new luna colors) for the interface..

Disapointed, and I have had enough of the bugged and ugly windowsblind skins.

No need to buy that s***. smile

ya, plus pack isn't worth the cd its burnt on

and i agree, though windowblinds is a cool idea, its hard finding usable and functional themes. Styles XP looks quite promising, it looks like it allows you to simply change the color of the luna type interface.

http://www.tgtsoft.com/download.html

i like it, i can't wait till the editor comes out.

i love wb xp, best skinning proggie ive used. Its all a matter of finding skins that arent crap. This is a process that takes a lot of time, most of the wb xp skins i use are fine. The majority of skins out there for it are crap though. Styles XP looks OK but luna is ugly enough as is, i don't need different colors for it.

The problem I found with windowsblind is that it was quite buggy, even with win2k..Some refresh problems, windows slower to drag, ect...

I always had the impression that the skins were added to windows and not merged with it..(if you know what I mean.. :))

Yes it has got the advantage of having a big skinner comunity but I am not sure the concept of ADDING a skin is good, I find WB not well implemented enough... yet..

I was quite happy with Style XP because it is the first skin I tested that completely merged with the OS.NO bugs.

Now Sylebuilder is not out yet (it looks promising) but I wonder if luna will have to remain the main theme, or if we will be able to completely change the skin and use patterns (wood, rock , ect...).

Quote:

ya, plus pack isn't worth the cd its burnt on

and i agree, though windowblinds is a cool idea, its hard finding usable and functional themes. Styles XP looks quite promising, it looks like it allows you to simply change the color of the luna type interface.

I'm interested to understand why people think that Skinners making Visual styles would be any less buggy or ugly than the same skinners making windowblinds skins. What am I missing?

Err I don't really understand your message. I take it when you say visual style, you mean just changing the colors around, the design is still the same... and in that case it should be quite functional if you think the Luna interface is usable. Thats why I want to be able to just play around with the colors of the Luna. I didn't say anything about being buggy, I said that some WindowBlinds skins are less usable, either fonts are too small, or the windows are so complicated its distracting. Like ThC said, you gotta find the skins that you like the most.

Here's what my desktop looks like:

http://www.deviantart.com/view-full.php?id=88582

i would be happy enough just to change Luna colors using the Color-Wheel (like with WB XP when it comes out as a Final product).

You know what? I bet that if Luna was a Linux Window Manager, just like KDE and GNOME, then every one of you would praise it endlessly. Im sorry to dissapoint all of you Linux lovers out there, but the OS kinda sucks. You cannot expect it to penetrate the Homie User market in this state. I cannot stand tweaking it anymore, compiling my custom kernel in order to recognize, let alone USE, a simple IDE CD-RW or a DVD-Drive in their full functionality.

I am not praising Microsoft either for their OSes, but theirs at least DO what they are supposed to do with minimum of hassle. Security has to be balanced with User Friendliness, and if you ever did a bit of programming in your lives, then you will understand my point.

The perfect OS does not exist at the moment, it's just that some are better at some things than others.

eddie, whats this color-wheel prog you're talking about? sounds interesting.. more info? smile

www.stardock.com

WindowBlinds XP, if you download the beta version of it, open up desktop properties and go to Appearance, you'll see a grayed out color wheel selector, and when clicked it display a "not in the beta version" message, or something like that.

Quote:

eddie, whats this color-wheel prog you're talking about? sounds interesting.. more info? smile

I think what he means is how WindowBlinds gives you the ability to apply a skin, and then apply a specific color to that skin. So if someone made a nice skin, but it was grey, you can apply a nice purple filter to it....and it changes the color on the fly.

So i think what he was saying was he'd just like to be able to alter the color of the Luna sytle.