Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mchila

Win98SE Keyboard probs

Here's another.... I work for a computer rental company occasionally and we have been having problems with our keyboards. After a couple of hours they just stop responding, they just go dead. The only way to get it to work again is to reboot the PC. Then after a while it will go dead again.

Check your connectors for the keyboard aren't full of dust. Also this post should be in the Windows 9x section, that's why no one will reply to it smile

All the systems are new and there is no dust.

I have posted to the correct message board but am unable to delete the post from this group...

Hey, I've been known to use win98 too, for games... The corp I work for uses mostly Dell and IBM equip- knowing what you have for equip would help, such as are they all one brand or not, and so on. We had a bad run of Dell kbd's that would lock up due to a bad firmware upgrade on one of their production runs. We found that it was only one set of serial numbers that were effected, and replaced the cooresponding numbers, which still took days.

BTW, we called it the sleeply keyboard syndrome, since it would just go to sleep, unless you removed the PS2 connector, and reseated it (not recommended) or restarted via the mouse. Either way, sounds very familiar...

Guess what, they are all Dell's, GX1's. We use PowerQuests' Powercast Server to image them. Thanks for the info, off to Dell's site to find some firmware upgrades.

I deleted the old thread on this topic, and moved this thread. I didn't see it before, so I am doing something about this now. Don't cross post on this board, especially to a forum that isn't of the same OS as your issue.