Win2k, AbitBP6 and Voodoo3 problems

PLZ HELP !

I have the following config:

Abit BP6

Dual Celeron 366

Win 2k 2114 pro

Voodoo3 2000

HD Quantum Fireball Plus KA

I installed Win2k, it works fine with the two processors but I have two problems:

- I installed the Voodoo3 drivers downloaded from here, and followed all the instructions, in 2D it is perfect, but Direct3D and Glide don't work in any game, I can run only Quake 2 and 3. I looked for the registry entry (CapabilityOverride) to enable Direct3D but the key was not found.

- I can't boot when the HD is attached to the UDMA/66 controller. I upgraded my bios to the Beta version, and installed the new drivers.

Any help would be appreciated !

run C:\WINNT\system32\dxdiag.exe

go to display tab look at Direct3D Acceleration is it gray out ?.

Witch drivers are you useing Banshee or Voodoo3 from sound of it your useing voodoo3.dll & voodoo3.sys rigth ?.

You do know that Voodoo3 & Quake3 do not support SMP mode.

The KEY "CapabilityOverride" need to be del for D3D to work.

SHS,

The ATA/66 problem was solved with new drivers and BIOS from HPPT.. now boots and runs fine in the ATA/66 controller ! YES !

About DirectX.. The tab D3D was gray out.. I find somewhere in the Net a Direct X7 RC4 for win2k, I installed it and the tab appeared, I ran both software render and hardware D3D test and passed fine. Now some D3D games run fine (e.g. C&C Tiberian Sun), but Fifa99 don't run even in Software Render mode...

About Glide games, (I installed with the drivers recommended in the INF and Voodoo3.dll and Voodoo3.sys from drivers.cab of my win2k installation), many games recognize Voodoo3 (e.g. Carmagedon 2), but when I try to run, I get the 3dfx logo and after that, it returns to my windows desktop. Some games (like Fifa 99) don't recognize Voodoo3 (in 3dsetup, I get a lot of errors and then I have the options of Direct3D Device 1 and Software Render).

About the "CapabilityOverride" key, I searched all the registry and couldn't find it.

Quake 3 works fine. But if I try SMP mode it hangs.

I guess thing are a lot better now and I am almost upgrading all my stuff for Win2k.. I just need my Glide games running now..

make sure the desktop set to 16bit color

for both D3D & Glide as well as ICD OpenGL.

I worry to must about D3D for now be Voodoo3 will D3D enable in RC2 next week

My desktop is set to 16bits.. I don't understand.. I thought Glide was easier to run then Direct 3D...

Anybody there can run Glide games in W2k with a voodoo3 board ?

Yes I can run Half-Life, Quake 1&2, Unreal

& few other but I only have 1 CPU.

sorry it should said,

Why worry about D3D it will be official

D3D drivers in RC2 next week, maybe that why MS disable it being it dosen't work rigth on SMP system.

Good point but you take in count for SMP system.

DBL check your system bios setting maybe something is on win it should be disable

1: Disable all Video Shadow

2: Disable PCI/VGA Palette snoop

3: Disable Video RAM Cacheable

4: Disable Video BIOS Cacheable

5: Assign IRQ for VGA

Stingray... I have Win2000 Pro (2072) and managed to get Glide working with my Voodoo3 3000. I can play both Tribes and Unreal but they are slower in Win2K than Win98. To get it working I had to use some specific drivers and a customized .inf file. Pretty sure I got both links from either this site or betanews.com. It was a tedious process but worth it to finally stick with Win2K 100%. In fact, I just ghosted my old SCSI drive to my new one and my Win98 bootup quit working (was dual booting Win2K/Win98). I don't even care as Win2K does everything I need now. I'm using a BP6 with dual celerons o/c'ed to 508 for stability.

Rob

I have glide working also. Unfortunately, about a third of the time, after I exit the game, the screen is screwed up. I have to shut down the pc then. I would love to post the driver, but it doesn't work perfectly.