Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKillerMan

diskeeper dl for XP

I read that Diskeeper 6 SE is WinXP compatible, but where do I get this version?

Get the Win2k Pro version if I am using XP pro???

Sorry for being a pain in the a$$, but I dont wanna blow anything up.

Ye I went to the website

But I cant dl a diskeeper version for XP.

There are versions fro 98, 2k pro, 2k server and what not

What one can I download if version 6 SE is what I am ask'n.

It's a free update to 6.0 from the Diskeeper site. If you already have 6.0 you can download the update and run it.

First install 6.0 on your XP, ignoring the warnings about incompatiblility, then run the upgrade program. Then you'll be ready to defrag away.

According to the Executive Software web site, Diskeeper 6.0SE is compatible with Windows XP. However, if you go to thier downloads, it doesn't mention anything about WinXP - I think they've posted XP compatibility and so far haven't updated the rest of their site to match :-) However, if you download the Win2k Professional version, I believe that it should install and run without issue under Windows XP.

The best source to find out for sure about Diskeeper and WinXP compatiblity and what "version" of Diskeeper you need to download for WinXP, I'd suggest contacting Executive Software directly as they should know more than anybody else.

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a competitor to Diskeeper, as a systems engineer in the support department.