Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pkiff

Escape from Monkey Island 4

Now I'm not a computer genius but when i try to play after i insert the cd and install and then run i get a blue screen with a (time stamp???) or somthing and then my system crashes (correct me if I'm wrong) i here thats not good.

im running windows 2000 professional any additional questions ask me I've incresed my virtual memory limit but nothing seems to help which is what i need. help.

whatever,

pkiff

I found out why I get the blue screen....

After talking with lucas tech support i went through some things and I was fine untill trying to test my direct3d compatibility. software direct checked out ok but when i tried hardware my system kicked back to blue screen and rebooted. if there is someway to fix this let me know thanks.

pkiff

p.s.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 2

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: 00101560 8485Z

Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~450MHz

Memory: 96MB RAM

Page File: 100MB used, 180MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 8.0 (4.08.00.0400)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.01.2258.0400

Somehow I have a feeling he is in need of a new graphics card.

MI 4 uses 3d a lot (BTW wicked game!)

What makes you think Blue screens are not good for you.

if this was the case all those nice people in Microsoft would have prevented them years ago. After all we are paying them a lot of money to provide us with stuff we don't need smile

Hey guys i founnd out what was giving me that blue screen...

When i talked to lucas arts tech support he told me to do the whole directx diagnostic routine. when i did this i saw a little tab that said display. "hmm" i said to myself "maybe if i test direct3d and direct draw i can find somthing out...." i did. after testing direct darw with no flaws i came to direct 3d and it gave me the infamous blue screen crash. I went into monkey islands options and changed it from direct3d to open gl. I guess you guys haved served your purpose.

Thanks a million,

pkiff

P.S.

Wolf87 none of those links to download worked!!!