Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

SystemWorks 2002: Worth using? Bloated?

I am currently running it on my WinXP system and it doesn't appear to be bloated anymore than previous version of SystemWorks. I basically use it for Ghost and to have the Utilities for Speed Disk, then also Antivirus.

I dunno about being bloated since I only installed NAV and Ghost. Both work well and don't seem to slow down my system.

DT

im only using it b/c kaspersky av isnt compatible w/ xp. generally the norton utilities have done more harm than good for me so i try to avoid using anything other than nav and defrag.

WinDoctor is one of the best utilities in existance!!! Run it and you'll see what I mean. It deleted corrupted ActiceX controls, removed any shortcut who's target does not exist, etc etc. Run it you'll see what I mean...its very safe.

CleanSweep is pretty cool too. A great cleaning tool if you take the time to use it slowly & carefully.

I recommend that when you install SystemWorks....dont install the norton Protected Recycle bin at all.....and leave the "system monitor" off. They are both fairly useless & bloated. Theres other programs that can do the same thing much more easily and with less bulk.

FYI: I've tried lots of firewalls, and Norton Internet Security is the best!

Quote:

2.) The AntiVirus program is the best one out there of its kind in my estimation + FREE signature updates

But only for 12 months. After that you need to subscribe their update service.

Having said that, I use SW2002 on XP and it's great.

Or you can reinstall NAV (if you didn't register in the first place). One thing about the whole Norton stuff...It is a pain in the 4$$ to uninstall, grrrrr.

Come on guys, after your first year of updates expires with Symantec, it then costs £5 for another 12 months.

That's 41p per month to continue with subscriptions to what in my opinion is the best anti-virus software out there.

£5 guys....anybody can afford that.

I hadn't looked into how much it costs, as I haven't gotten to the stage where the free subs have expired. I've always managed to wipe my machine and reinstall everything before the 12 month limit (thus resetting the clock).