Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arjunlall

Help ME! Please! Nvidia Driver Problems

I have a p3 750 system running windows 2000 and a geforce 2 mx. I have been using the detonator 12.4 drivers for a while and have had no problem. I heard about the detonator xp drivers and i thought i would give them a try. I installed them using the .exe and then restarted my computer. When windows started up it was in 640x480, typical for a driver change. But then when i tried to increase the resolution it wouldnt let me. I checked out my geforce in the device manager and found out there were no drivers installed for it. I then clicked update driver and selected my old 12.4s which worked. It started to install the drivers fine untill the very last dialog where it said a file was missing. But it doesnt tell which file. I then tried several other detonator drivers including the ones that came with my card and the detonator xps but they all gave the same error. I tried booting in safe mode to install them but that didnt work either. Now im stuck in 640x480 with a horrible refresh rate! Can someone please help!!

If someone can post a solution that works i will be willing to Paypal them $10.

my e-mail is: aj@arjunlall.com

thanks in advance,

Arjun Lall

aj@arjunlall.com

if you need any more details about my problem reply to this post and i will get you more info.

There is a small app that cleans out all nvidia registry entries and files to allow you to start over. I'm not sure what it is called, but if no one has replied with the name or a link by the time I get home, I'll see if I can dig up my copy.