Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AMDguy

VIA 4 IN 1 driver

I ran the VIA drivers out of curiosity ! but all it installed on my system was the inf driver 1.40a this was from the new VIA 4in1434. I have not noticed any difference! all the drivers come with XP so no need it install. Some will say yes and some will say no! try it and see if you run the VIA setup it will only install what you need.

Regards

Badboy

OK i had a quick go as well. I installed the 4.33 drivers and noticed a few things. If you install the agp driver on its own and replace the standard XP one it seems to make things a bit speedier. But the IDE drivers totally screwed everything up, it made XP take about 2 mins to boot rather than a few seconds, and it made drive access very slow. Infact it wouldnt even show there were any drives connected in device manager frown

Anyway, im happy with just the agp driver.

installing VIA's agp driver fixed all the problems i had been having with my geforce 3 in games (crash when i leave quake based games, and random BSOD).

installing that one driver did significantly increase my stability.

For the sake of it, you can try to install only the AGP driver. In my case everything runs fine with default drivers, I only installed the new detonators. Never touch a working system wink