Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBrave715

Live!Ware 3 for XP Mirrors.

BTW it works great. No problems at all. I can use all the features as I could in Windows 2000 again.

Worked for me as well, but I still get periodic pops and crackles... perhaps the official version that is supposed to be released later this month will bet more improved?

Poping and Crackling is not due to the drivers it's do to a problem with the SBLive Cards and with as far as I know ALL VIA chipsets. The first two Motherboards I had were ran by via chipsets and popping crackling was extremely common, this last time I went with an AMD chipset (EPOX 8K7A) and crackling, popping or any sound adnormalities has completely seized. It's quite nice. But anyway you'll find that 99% of people having crackling and popping noises with their SBLive have a via chipset.

I think the "51" or "5.1" in the file name is the version of windows it's for or something. Windows XP is Version 5.1. Anyway yes it works fine with value cards. As for 5.1 cards since I don't got one I don't know but it did give me an option to select 5.1 speakers during setup. So I'd assume it would work.

ah yes i forgot winxp is also winnt5.1 or something. excellent. live!ware for me smile

i installed it, and the drivers work... but - i can't use it for what i used it for in win2k... i have my speakers plugged into the "front" speaker plug, and the cable to my tv in the "back" one. in 2k, i could use the "record to md/dat" setting in lw. that gave exactly the same output to the front plug as the back plug. but in xp it doesn't work. i don't get any output to the back plug...

doesn't 5.1 mean that the card supports dolby digital 5.1 audio specifications. that is why those live cards have the 5.1 after them, because they support 5.1 audio standard. i think it is just a coincidence that WinXP is v5.1.

The question here is why the file name is SB51.exe. It can either be the version of windows it's for (which maybe a better name would be using "XP" instead of "51" but maybe the person that named the file is sick of everyone naming their products after XP) or that it works with 5.1 SBlive cards. Personally I don't care and I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

xp is NT v5. Not 5.1!! never will be, even after update. haha

liveware is for all SB cards. they don't make specific ones for diff cards. liveware is not a driver, its a program plus a collection of drivers.

I don't see what the point of this post is, no offence. the XP Sb live drivers that came with Xp are just fine. But only w. clean install. Is this supposed to fix sound or back spk. I don't think installing liveware 3 is enough to do the trick to get back spk output.

The official XP drivers will be out late october. I know some people have probs w. back speaker output.

As for crackling, thats true. the sb shares resourcess w. IDE drivers, ie. HPT370 mass storage controller ata 100. The drivers are not a good mach up, so update your mobo. if still no good, wait until October Xp drivers come out for SB.

<<xp is NT v5. Not 5.1!! never will be, even after update. haha>>

Sure it is. Go to my computer > up at the top of the window go to help > About Windows. It will say "Microsoft Windows Version 5.1". I know I know You stand corrected Blah blah blah.....

<<liveware is not a driver, its a program plus a collection of drivers.>>

It's a bundle of a bunch of programs plus drivers.

<<I don't think installing liveware 3 is enough to do the trick to get back spk output.>>

Works for me, I now have fully functioning surround sound. Two in the back two in the front. It's great, in max payne you open a door and run past it you can hear it closing behind you. Sweet.

<<The official XP drivers will be out late october. I know some people have probs w. back speaker output.>>

Creative is not known for releasing drivers on time. Even though they always give these broad release dates. And accoring to their tech support they will be releasing drivers ONLY not any liveware like bundles.

<<As for crackling, thats true. the sb shares resourcess w. IDE drivers, ie. HPT370 mass storage controller ata 100. The drivers are not a good mach up, so update your mobo. if still no good, wait until October Xp drivers come out for SB.>>

I've owned two different Motherboards with the Via chipset and they both crackled whether I had a microsoft driver or an official creative driver installed. So waiting for creative to release their drivers is problably pretty pointless if you're waiting because you think they will fix your crackling problems.

I just got an SB Audigy card, and am running Win XP PRO (CE). THe card didnt auto install like my SBLIVE! gamer 5.1. It kept asking me for drivers on boot. I stuck the cd in and ran a custom installaion (only installing what I needed; playcenter, audio hq, etc...)., then rebooted it and it worked perfect. Much better quality sound that the Live card. I ran one of the demos to test the ac3 pass thru (that never worked for me under 2k, no matter what I did. not even playing dvd's could i get sound out of my center channel) and it worked awesome! Played a dvd and total 5.1 sound! Finally, I am totally satisfied with my system. Except for wanting a P3-s 1.5.

my 2 cents... :P

-MG