Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Josiah

XP problemlo?!

Well I used to like XP. For 5 days straight it did nothing but impress me. But lately it has started being a whiney little *****. It takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to do simple things like bring up the little menu when you right click a file. A few times i click on a file to delete it. I click the file once then hit the delete key..........................30 seconds later the little are you sure box comes up. thats unacceptable. I am use to being able to hit delete then enter rapidly to delete a file in like 1 sec. It also does it when opening programs. You click it and 30 - 45 seconds later it decides to get off its *** and do something. It doesn't do it everytime, but i would say 1-2 out of 5 times i do something it lags. All I have running in the background is Zona Alarm, AIM, and Mirc sometimes. If anyone has suggestions or similar problems I would love to hear them. I didn't have any BS like this in 2K.

Tried it without zonealarm ??? XP is known to hate it.

Id say your phucked, format and re-install

Sparkhard

PS: WTF is with this pu$$y @ss **** $hit in the place of phuck

Many color ful words are ************** out because the admin felt like it. It's Philip and SHS call. If you don't like it, tough.

i have tried it with absolutely nothing loaded on startup and it still gave me trouble. I just formated and reinstalled. and it still screws up. Its not the cd cause my roomate used the same cd to install on his comp and it runs fine.

Could be any number of things?Dodgy IDE cable,flakey memory module,hard drive problems,corrupted software,I certainly do'nt envy your current predicament.Good luck.

Try fresh install of os,complete drive reformat that means ALL of tour hard drives and minimal software installation and I mean minimal being only necessary drivers+ programs that you MUST have.mun like this for a few days and take note.If there are no probs then start installing whatever else you need,but keep taking note to see if any new installation causes any probs.

If there are no problems after fresh os install,chances are its software,if prob persists after fresh os install then chances are its hardware,which means the old process of elimination beckons you on it's merry journey.Happy travels.

well since I really dont have the patience to deal with it anymore I have installed 2k and it workd flawlessly as it always has. I'll probably do XP next time I upgrade. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.