Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blake Bowden

Disk Defragmenting...

Okay, first off I have ran the Disk Defragmenter that comes with Windows 2000 pro 2114, but I was wondering if there was any alternatives out there? I'am afraid that if I use a disk defragmentor that's designed for NT, it won't work with my Fat 32 drivers, and Norton utilities 2000 won't install on 2000. The reason why I'am looking for a different program is last time I ran the disk defrag that comes with 2000 is pretty much trashed some directories. I had to bootup with a Windows 98 startup, run scandisk, then reinstall 2000. Are there any other viable options for defraggin your drive under win2k? Also, what antivirus programs are you guys running with w2k? Thanks for any input.

Blake

Blake what ever you do, do not install any of Norton Utilities not even the one for NT4.

One other thing DO NOT use open Partition that Windows98 Defrag & Scandisk can see there are not Capability with Windows2000 Files Folder nor is Windows98 Defrag & Scandisk Capability.

It alway's best to use 16bit fat or NTFS Fat there are some know incapability problem with Windows200 & 32bit fat drive & Windows2000 Defrag useing that builder.

RC2 should have this fix.