Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kltye

alt+ctrl+del = Task Manager?

When I hit alt+ctrl+del, the Task Manager opens, instead of the "Security Screen" seen in Win2K? Why is this happening? Do I need to enable any special settings? Also, where did the old "User Accounts" configuration go to? I read that typing "rundll32 netplwiz.dll,UsersRunDll" launches it, but I'd like to do it by clicking on something. laugh BTW, ever wanted to uninstall the crappy MSN Messenger? Try pasting this into your Run box: RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Well, thanks for any help!

I'm guessing that turning off the "friendly" log-on screen will restore this functionality.

What screen you get upon hitting CRTL+ALT+DEL depends whether you are running as a Workgroup, or a domain I believe. I set up XP on my aunts computers (workgroup) and got the new logonscreen, but on my own machine (domain), I got the classic Win2k logon. Same thing happened with the Task Man. I got what I expected on MY machine, but THEIR'S went right to TaskMan.

If you wanna log on with "Administrator" from the workgroup logon screen, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, twice, and the option should be there... i beleive.