Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Busy

letmein

My Hard disk has been formatted in NTFS and Dynamic volumes. I had originally had 2ooo when I did the upgrade (XP). My C: partition has only 2 gigs and Is now down to 240k. What can I do to make more room?

I have 10 gigs available on the hard disk, can I use this space to share with the low volume? Is there a way to increase the size?

Thanks for the advice.

Busy

You could use Partition Magic 6 to resize the partition, but be certain that you backup all your important data cos if it does screw up you could lose it all. I've resized NTFS partitions with it and never had any problems, but it's best to be safe.

Your only other alternative is to reinstall windows and create the partitions differently. Of course that way you would definitely wipe all your data.

Think Im screwed, they're dynamic and Partition magic will not touch it....

Think I might do a backup and re-install. hmm

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Busy

First of all, do NOT use PartitionMagic 6.0 if u're running XP. Use version 7 instead, it has XP support.

Secondly you can disable the hibernation (that takes space on your C partition as big as your RAM), and disable system restore. Hibernation can be disabled from the Screensaver tab in the display properties, click the power button, i think, below the screensaver options.

Hope this helps...