Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Clrcut

Wheel of Time problems...

I can't get Wheel of Time to run on WindowsXP. I've tried using the compatibility modes but nothing helps. It installs fine, but when I click the icon, I get an error with the "WOT.exe". I should note that this game didn't run when I had Windows2000 either, but I was hoping that the compatibility issues would be resolved with XP. I've also used different graphics drivers. I'm using a TnT2 Ultra.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

You might have done this already but have you patched it yet? Ver. 333, I believe.

by a coinsidence I installed and played this game just a couple of minutes ago and it worked fine. Have Atholn 800/Geforce DDR with Detonator 21.81 and I didn't need any update patch or compatible mode to run. The sound got buggy in resolutions above 640*480 though, but that's another story smile

I believe what you are seeing is a CD copy protection issue with Windows 2000/XP and the Wheel of Time exe (I don't believe this affects everyone, only certain CD-ROM drives). I had the same issue under Windows 2000. There is a way around it. Go to www.gamecopyworld.com and download the Wheel of Time exe that removes the copy protection check. If you have trouble finding it, let me know - I still have it and can send it to you through e-mail.

I'm running an Intel PIII-800 with a TNT2 and I've had no problems running the game fully patched. Without patches, I'm not so sure, but I've had no problems otherwise. I have heard of some CD-ROM drives having issues with the Safedisk protection, so the no-cd patches at gamecopyworld.com or megagames.com might be of some help.

Yes, it is a safedisk issue. One other note on this, once you have the "NO-CD" exe, you will need to copy the movies directory from the CD to your hard drive in order for the movies to play.