Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rgodart

ftp-server on client in a network running spoonproxy and hum

As there is no working NAT solution out there for winxp yet i made a network suing spoonproxy on the server computer and hummingbird socks on the client.

The problem is my ftp server doesn't work right now (it's running on the client). Users can login to the server but are unable to retrieve a list of the files. Can anyone help me with this?

Anyone familiar with these programs i'm using?

I'fv tried sygate 4.2 (as i was using 4.1 before switching to winxp), but internet explorer doesn't work with it.

I'm not using the built in windows FTP, i'm using serv-u. It was working fine when i was using windows ICS. But the problem with ICS is it doesn't let me access my college's intranet (it's a https address). With the socks proxy it works fine, but then i got that problem with FTP. I wish the new build of sygat worked. When using win2k and sygate 4.1 everything worked great. But now in their 4.2 xp compatible built IE doesn't work at all, all the rest works, icq, msn messenger, audiogalaxy, everything, just not IE. I don't understand... Othe people seem to have that problem alos, so it must be a bug.

I've looked everywhere for nat servers: winroute, winproxy,... none are winxp compatible, they give a nice little BSOD after reboot.

I guess i'll have to be patient...

I tried your 4 tips, but none of them helped.

Thanks anyway for replying.